Emergency Travel to India on H1B

juighate

A friend's father is in the ICU and critically ill and she needs to travel to India immediately. She has an approved H1B.

There are two issues: Per [weblink removed] she does not meet the criteria for emergency expedited visa interview appointments. She still decided to look for an available appointment, but the earliest one available for getting her visa stamped is 35 days away. What should she do? Is there any way she can still travel and try an get an expedited appointment while she is there?

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, juighate said:

A friend's father is in the ICU and critically ill and she needs to travel to India immediately. She has an approved H1B.

There are two issues: Per [weblink removed] she does not meet the criteria for emergency expedited visa interview appointments. She still decided to look for an available appointment, but the earliest one available for getting her visa stamped is 35 days away. What should she do? Is there any way she can still travel and try an get an expedited appointment while she is there?

Thank you!

She can travel and just keep looking for dates. Sometimes slots get opened because of last minute cancellations.

15 hours ago, juighate said:

Thank you!

Sorry to hear that, 

If this is not her 1st time h1b visa stamping in her passport, If she needs visa renewal stamping.

Contact me, let me see what i can help. There might be a possibility to get dates sooner in Mexico (usually within a week) / Also there might be a possibility to request Expedited appointment too sometimes based on her current situation.

For other folks, If you expect any such situations based on parents age / health etc., 

I strongly recommend folks to get the stamping(visa renewal) process done before either at one of the neighboring countries (either canada or mexico), instead of waiting for an Emergency to kick in to travel to home country & At that point of time ....finding visa dates become a hurdle for travel. 

@juighate: If your friend qualifies to attend in Mexico but don't have time to travel to Mexico, be prepared for India and keep checking as dates in various consulates in India are updating periodically. I've seen one of my colleague initially got a long waiting date in Chennai and within few days he got a date very close by in Chennai. Good Luck and sorry to hear the emergency for your friend!

Archived