F2 Visa Rejected

shravan12

Hello,

I am currently on F1 in my initial OPT (valid until June 2019). Got married recently and wanted to take my wife along with me. Applied for F2 visa for her and got rejected in Hyderabad embassy yesterday quoting 214 b. Just two questions were asked, when was I graduated and am I on OPT now, and said cannot issue visa at this time.

Could you please suggest on what went wrong and what to do now.

Thanks in advance!

On 2/28/2019 at 11:51 PM, Noah Lott said:

and when are you actually returning to India permanently? That is the key issue....if you are not returning, why would  a CO believe that your spouse would?

When did you enter the US and with what type of visa?

I have entered the US in Jan 2017 on F1 visa, graduated and currently working on OPT.

18 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

This makes little sense. You are studying in a OK Institution which cannot be considered a diploma mill by any means. You have not done CPT. Has she got any history of other visa refusals like F1?

No refusals before, this is the first time ever she appeared for a visa interview

214B, rather than an escape route, is in fact a section of the law all COs must refer to while adjudicating NIVs. 

Nothing escape routing an F2 applicant's intent when the F1 sponsor's intent is unknown. Once F1 status ends, OP can return home to Hyderabad and be reunited with spouse. 

Archived