All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kumar.12

B1Visa - Withdraw

Hi, my B1 / B2 visa is withdraw 2 times.  I have company in US I do business in US In IT with local partner (GC holder) and other countries also including India with the team of 70 people. I travel a lot to other Countires CANADA,UK, Europe & Asia. 

I have to travel to US Frequently to meet my clients for 1 week to 2 weeks max. 2-4 times in a year from Canada or U.K.

pleae advice me how can I apply again? Or not? 

You can't work for your business while in the US. You would be d a work permit.

5 hours ago, kumar.12 said:

Hi, my B1 / B2 visa is withdraw 2 times.  I have company in US I do business in US In IT with local partner (GC holder) and other countries also including India with the team of 70 people. I travel a lot to other Countires CANADA,UK, Europe & Asia. 

I have to travel to US Frequently to meet my clients for 1 week to 2 weeks max. 2-4 times in a year from Canada or U.K.

pleae advice me how can I apply again? Or not? 

What do you mean by withdraw? 

You cannot do business in the US on a B2 visa. 

36 minutes ago, kumar.12 said:

i am not working just meeting clients 

That IS work.

"meeting with clients is OK, as is attending conferences, etc...writing software code while in the US in B1 status is not allowed..

3 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

"meeting with clients is OK, as is attending conferences, etc...writing software code while in the US in B1 status is not allowed..

Yes, meeting with clients is ok if the company is a foreign company. But in his first post the OP said he has a company in the US. He can't work for a US company on a B1.

22 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

I am not a software programmer. I am a Business Development Manager 

Edited by kumar.12

Whatever your title, the most common form of abuse with B1 visas is bringing $1 a day programmers from abroad (often India) to write code while 'transferring knowledge'...no matter their actual job title. I imagine the CO believed that these supposed 'business meetings' were just a cover for actual work...as most 'clients' can be accessed through various remote video conferencing programs rather than alleged face to face meetings and the ever popular 'knowledge transfers.'

Regardless of title, OP was either denied a visa or denied an admission. S/he has opted not to clarify what's meant by 'withdraw' in spotty english.

Bottom line, s/he is free to reapply, but if the reasons behind the denial haven't changed, s/he is looking at another denial. 

Whenever I heard or saw the phrase, 'knowledge transfer' during an interview, that was the end...just a bogus term to disguise the fact that the applicant was really planning (and was invited) to work in the US, usually in the back room of some IT shop....