EB1GC approved but I140 withdrawn request sent

Hi Team,

I have got my GreenCard processed through my ex-employer and I have my Green Card in hand.

Started (EBI-1)GC processing in 2017 April, got my I-140 approved in 2017 July and received GC in Oct 2017. I stayed with the same employer for 10 months and joined another employer in Aug 2018.

Today(19th Feb 2019) I received text message saying that my USCIS case status has been changed for my I-140 case number. Here is the status its showing in USCIS case status portal.

"On February 19, 2019, we received your request to withdraw your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXX, and completed our review. We mailed you a Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice. If you do not receive your Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice by March 21, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Can you please explain if anyone faced similar problem earlier?

1> Will there be any problem with my GC as my I 140 has been withdrawn by my ex-employer or not sure how the withdraw request was sent.

2> Am i eligible to work in USA with my current Green Card?

3> Does it impact my citizenship in the future since my I 140 is withdrawn?

I really appreciate your response/help regarding this?

22 hours ago, HariEB1 said:

Hi Team,

I have got my GreenCard processed through my ex-employer and I have my Green Card in hand.

Started (EBI-1)GC processing in 2017 April, got my I-140 approved in 2017 July and received GC in Oct 2017. I stayed with the same employer for 10 months and joined another employer in Aug 2018.

Today(19th Feb 2019) I received text message saying that my USCIS case status has been changed for my I-140 case number. Here is the status its showing in USCIS case status portal.

"On February 19, 2019, we received your request to withdraw your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXX, and completed our review. We mailed you a Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice. If you do not receive your Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice by March 21, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Can you please explain if anyone faced similar problem earlier?

1> Will there be any problem with my GC as my I 140 has been withdrawn by my ex-employer or not sure how the withdraw request was sent.

2> Am i eligible to work in USA with my current Green Card?

3> Does it impact my citizenship in the future since my I 140 is withdrawn?

I really appreciate your response/help regarding this?

I am working as Project Manager and I got GreenCard in EB1C Category. I stayed with the same employer for 10 months and then joined another organizatioin. I will try to check with my previous employer immigration team about this.  

Since withdraw request was sent to USCIS, will there be any impact on GC which I got it almost 1.5 Yr back?

I saw in one blog that, since I moved out of petition employer, they can withdraw their application for I-140 to avoid Labor Certification fee which they need to pay to support I140. 

Please let me know if anyone faced similar problem earlier. Appreciate your help/response.

• 3 months later...