Has your visa ever been refused 221g- with draw visa application attending new visa interview?

ak1991

I attended H1B stamping interview first time at chennai, I was issued 221g Blue slip. After 2 months my employer informed me there is no more employment for me. I with draw my visa application and got new employment planning to go for stamping on their H1B petition. While filling DS-160 there is a question "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?" 

What I need to answer is it yes or No. do 221g refusal comes under Visa refusal? Please advise.

1 hour ago, ak1991 said:

I attended H1B stamping interview first time at chennai, I was issued 221g Blue slip. After 2 months my employer informed me there is no more employment for me. I with draw my visa application and got new employment planning to go for stamping on their H1B petition. While filling DS-160 there is a question "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?" 

What I need to answer is it yes or No. do 221g refusal comes under Visa refusal? Please advise.

It is No. 221G is not a rejection. If VO asks any question tell them about your case clearly.

221g blue slip usually means you have been refused(NOT denied) visa  at that moment as the officer needed either further info or documentation for him or her to make a decision. So in theory you can say yes and explain in the box below. It has very little significance in cases where visa was eventually issued after 221g or withdrawn as in your case.

Archived