I94 on new passport

mrav85

Hi,

Old passport expiry date: 01/08/2019

Visa Expiry Date: 12/30/2019

I stay at Michigan, and this is regarding getting the I94 renewal on the new passport, after the I94 date on the old passport expired. When I entered last Dec 2017, the CBP officer gave the I94 date till 8-Jan-2019, as my passport is expiring on that date.

Now , I have got a new passport and would like to get my I94 date renewed.

I tried going to nearest airport CBP - but they said I have to go to USCIS field office to renew it. When I Called USCIS field office to have an Infopass appointment scheduled - they asked me to go to CBP office.

I am confused, as I wanted to get the I94 renewed on my new passport without travelling outside country. Please advise, if there is any option to do it within USA.

Thanks,

Mani

7 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

It is policy not to renew the I94 in such situations. Your options are to leave and return with an I94 or to have your employer file another H1 petition for you. In any case inform them about the matter.

GE centers are closed and I suspect so will be SENTRI centers.

Thanks @pontevecchio for the reply. My spouse is on H4 and I am having her fly to Cancun / Mexico, and reenter with the new I94 on the new passport. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 2:38 PM, mrav85 said:

Thanks @pontevecchio for the reply. My spouse is on H4 and I am having her fly to Cancun / Mexico, and reenter with the new I94 on the new passport. 

Hi, please let me know how you handled in this situation.

I am currently in same situation and on H1B. Any idea about sentri enrollment centers open during this shut down?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:08 PM, Pinky567 said:

Hi, please let me know how you handled in this situation.

I am currently in same situation and on H1B. Any idea about sentri enrollment centers open during this shut down?

Hi, My wife went to Cancun on Jan 3rd and came back the same day with her I94 renewed till Jan 8 2020. let me know, if there are any questions. Based on what I heard, the SENTRI offices, would be closed. Sorry for the late reply. 

Archived