H-1B India Stamping

sssvasu

My current stamping end date in passport is 12/31/2017

I have my current H-1B petition valid till Apr 2019 and recently my employer applied for H-1B extension in premium and is approved for 3 years that is from Apr-2019 to Apr-2022. Now, I have a need to go India and i should go for stamping as the stamping expired already. Which petition number should i provide while filling my DS-160. If i provide the latest approved petition number, what dates(Start date and end date) do i get in my stamping if everything is good and approved. If i get the start date as Apr2019 then can i enter USA till that date? Is there a way to get the visa stamping from current date to Apr-2022. By the way, i am planning to go India January 2019 and return to USA on February 2019.

21 hours ago, sssvasu said:

My current stamping end date in passport is 12/31/2017

I have my current H-1B petition valid till Apr 2019 and recently my employer applied for H-1B extension in premium and is approved for 3 years that is from Apr-2019 to Apr-2022. Now, I have a need to go India and i should go for stamping as the stamping expired already. Which petition number should i provide while filling my DS-160. If i provide the latest approved petition number, what dates(Start date and end date) do i get in my stamping if everything is good and approved. If i get the start date as Apr2019 then can i enter USA till that date? Is there a way to get the visa stamping from current date to Apr-2022. By the way, i am planning to go India January 2019 and return to USA on February 2019.

You need to enter new I-797 information. Visa stamp always has a issue date. Not a start date. So you can travel back anytime.

Archived