Filling up form to seek appointment for visa stamping: Which I 797 Expiry date to use?

Himanshu_8

Hello, 

I am in the US and recently got into  H1-B status after converting it from F-1 status . I am going to India in January to get my visa stamped and have an approved I 797 A. While applying for appointment on ustraveldocs website, the form asks us to provide expiration date under the head petitioner.  My confusion is that the I-797 provides two expiration dates one in the lower half of the form (9 Aug 2021) and one in the upper half of the I 797 (22 July 2021). I am confused which one to mention in the appointment scheduling form. 

Will appreciate a response. 

Warm Regards

Himanshu 

On 12/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, cobra1232 said:

Top right corner clear specifies Notice type, Class, Valid from/to. That's the date you should be using.  I think the lower half you referring is tied to your I-94  which should be the same not sure why yours is different

Sometimes USCIS gives different dates. This is common.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:00 PM, Himanshu_8 said:

Hello, 

I am in the US and recently got into  H1-B status after converting it from F-1 status . I am going to India in January to get my visa stamped and have an approved I 797 A. While applying for appointment on ustraveldocs website, the form asks us to provide expiration date under the head petitioner.  My confusion is that the I-797 provides two expiration dates one in the lower half of the form (9 Aug 2021) and one in the upper half of the I 797 (22 July 2021). I am confused which one to mention in the appointment scheduling form. 

Will appreciate a response. 

Warm Regards

Himanshu 

You need to provide I-797 expiry date. 22 July 2021.

Archived