Can we take an independent attorney to our employment based I-485 interview?

sudbon2784

I have been scheduled interview for my AOS. My I-140 is approved under EB1-B. However, our company has gone through reorganization and acquisitions, which resulted in change of employers. I have been in the same job at the same location over the last 5 years. The attorney associated with my current company are sending the G-28 and I-485J.

To clarify some questions, I consulted an attorney from another firm and would like to take him to our interview. He says, he can submit G-28 to the interview officer and I can also provide the G-28 from my company attorney. Is this ok to have multiple G-28s? Can two attorneys represent the client at the same time? Will this have any negative impact?

The OP is not referring to consular processing and hence no need to check with any embassy. Anyway American Immigration Lawyers have no locus standing abroad and hence the question is moot. 

As regards the specific question by the OP it is not necessary to have a lawyer with you for your EB based Interview locally. Talk to your companies lawyer. 

Archived