Visa Stamping while an Amendment is pending

gv70

Hi,

So i got my H1b approved from Employer A which is a subsidiary of Employer B. I want to go to India as its pretty important for me to go, my employer (A) informed me that from Jan1, 2019 they want to have all employees on Employer B payroll as part of organizational restructuring and they will be filing a Consular notify amendment for me as i want to travel.

I had a couple of questions for this,

1. I am currently filing my DS160 to get visa stamping date, should i fill the petition number of my approved H1b petition on this since that is the once i am asking to be stamped for?

2. I will be carrying the receipt notice of the amendment with me for the interview, but is there any risk involved? Since its basically the same organization and neither my location is changing or my nature of work, do i need to worry? Additionally if the amendment is filed a bit later and i can not carry the receipt notice for stamping will there be an issue? The amendment being filed is Consular notify for my case.

I wanted to understand the risks involved if i go for stamping in this case. Please advice.

Thanks.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, gv70 said:

Hi,

So i got my H1b approved from Employer A which is a subsidiary of Employer B. I want to go to India as its pretty important for me to go, my employer (A) informed me that from Jan1, 2019 they want to have all employees on Employer B payroll as part of organizational restructuring and they will be filing a Consular notify amendment for me as i want to travel.

I had a couple of questions for this,

1. I am currently filing my DS160 to get visa stamping date, should i fill the petition number of my approved H1b petition on this since that is the once i am asking to be stamped for?

2. I will be carrying the receipt notice of the amendment with me for the interview, but is there any risk involved? Since its basically the same organization and neither my location is changing or my nature of work, do i need to worry? Additionally if the amendment is filed a bit later and i can not carry the receipt notice for stamping will there be an issue? The amendment being filed is Consular notify for my case.

I wanted to understand the risks involved if i go for stamping in this case. Please advice.

Thanks.

Risky to travel with pending amendment.

Archived