H4 with 221G at Hyderabad Consulate

usa@2016

Hello Admin/All,

I have attended H4 VISA stamping at Hyderabad Consulate on 10/31/2018.

Conversation with VO went fine, and end of it, she has given 221G ( white slip) and saying that, they need to do some administration processing which takes 1 week most of the cases, but on my case, she told me it takes 3 days and given the case number on the slip to track the status and

221G marked as Your application required additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made.

Here I have few concerns, could you please help me on it.

1. When I was tracking the status 1st week, it was showing as you passport is still with US embassy/consulate ( on both sites _ustraveldoc.com & cgifederal.secure.force.com page),

but from 2nd week to today, its showing as there is no status update available for the passport number submitted, even I am checking with correct passport number.

Can we send an email to HYD consulate by checking the application status ? is there any issue ? and its just 19 calendar days so far,

1. My last status was on H1 for 4 years and changed to H4 in 2016 and spouse is in USA on project with H1 & with Approved I-140.  
  2. FYI: CEAC site still showing as administrative processing from 10/31/2018 to today.  

Please share your thoughts on how to expedite the process, your response/replies are really appreciated as 22 months old baby having hard time in India and missing Dr appointments and vaccines from last couple of months. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived