I-94 expired 9 months ago visa valid

Padma22

Hi All

I am a H4 dependent visa holder.My I-94 date has expired 9 months ago on Feb-2018 due to my old passport expiration date.But the visa stamped on my old passport is valid still Dec-2019.I have got a new passport valid until Nov 2027 but missed to apply for my I-94 extension. I realized today that I am currently on out of status and I am not eligible for I-539. What should I do to get a new I-94? Can I go to a nearest local CBP office and get it corrected after explaining my situation or else should I go/cross the Canada border(which is quite near to my place)and get stamped with new I-94 on re-entry?

Unfortunately you are in a serious situation as you have been out of status for more that 180days...if you leave, you may get barred from re-entry. Visa stamp being valid till Dec-2019 will not give you any relief...it is the I-94 date that matters. You need to consult a good Immigration ASAP. Your case may qualify for a nunc pro tunc (See the article posted on 30-MAR-2012 on Murthy.com under the success stories) but only a qualified attorney can determine for sure.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have some more queries. How much time is required for reinstatement to get approved from USCIS? Is there any premium processing option for H4 holder? Or Do I need to get a new H4 visa stamping from home country and again re-enter US? Will there be a problem at consulate for getting approval for new h4 visa?  Can somebody narrate you experiences on both circumstances.

Archived