Does the latest H1 transfer override the previous approved H1 transfer(after starting in their payroll )?

N_A

Hi 

I am on H1B with approved I-140, I was working for company A and I got offer from 2 companies X & Y. As there are more issues in H1 transfer, I accepted both the offer and wanted to join the first one get approved. Company X's petition is approved, but Company Y's petition went RFE. I joined company X, but in 4 days after joining company X, Y's petition is also approved. I am on Company X's payroll. I wanted to tell company Y, I am no longer willing to join them(Company Y). But my friend saying, my petition with company X is no longer valid as Company Y's petition approved later and override it. Could you please help whether it is true, I don't want to deny Y and not having company x's petition as well valid. Kindly help! 
1) Can I continue working for company X and deny company Y's offer ? 
2) Is my current petition with company X is valid now? ( I have one paystub generated) 
3) Should I notify the situation to company X, for them to do anything about their approved petition? (like Amendment)
4) Can I safely deny Company Y's offer ? 

5) If I go for stamping to India with Company X's approval receipt, will there be any issues?

Thanks 

Your friend is WRONG. 

1. Yes, subject to any contractual obligations from X.

2. Yes.

3. WHY...........................

4. No physical danger. But contractual obligations if any.

5. Not because of what you describe.

A "transfer" of H1 is merely a new non cap H1 petition filed by another H1 employer and approved. NOTHING GETS PHYSICALLY TRANSFERRED.

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Your friend is WRONG. 

1. Yes, subject to any contractual obligations from X.

2. Yes.

3. WHY...........................

4. No physical danger. But contractual obligations if any.

5. Not because of what you describe.

A "transfer" of H1 is merely a new non cap H1 petition filed by another H1 employer and approved. NOTHING GETS PHYSICALLY TRANSFERRED.

Thank you so much pontevecchio! for your kind reply!

Archived