My i-129 case is transferred to a new service center

joe30

Hi all,

I have a H1B renewal/extension of stay petition with California center. I got a case update telling me that, my case was transferred to a new service center and they have the jurisdiction. How this effects the processing times? Does any of you got this kind of messages? Did they process your case in a timely manner? What are the final decisions in such situations? Just wanted to get some statistical data to understand whether any change in my situation.

TIA,

Joe

3 hours ago, joe30 said:

Hi all,

I have a H1B renewal/extension of stay petition with California center. I got a case update telling me that, my case was transferred to a new service center and they have the jurisdiction. How this effects the processing times? Does any of you got this kind of messages? Did they process your case in a timely manner? What are the final decisions in such situations? Just wanted to get some statistical data to understand whether any change in my situation.

TIA,

Joe

Here is the Processing timelines for each service center. Certainly, CSC timelines are brutal for H1B extensions(I129)

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

When was your Extension petition filed in California service center ? what was your receipt date/ notice date ? Who did you receive the message that your case is transferred to a different service center. 

21 hours ago, User-72 said:

Here is the Processing timelines for each service center. Certainly, CSC timelines are brutal for H1B extensions(I129)

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

When was your Extension petition filed in California service center ? what was your receipt date/ notice date ? Who did you receive the message that your case is transferred to a different service center. 

The case was received at CSC on May 2nd 2018. Would the new service center process it based on the original receipt date or the new receipt date which is Oct 30 at the new service center.

I received a text message on my phone and same was updated on the website as well.

21 hours ago, joe30 said:

The case was received at CSC on May 2nd 2018. Would the new service center process it based on the original receipt date or the new receipt date which is Oct 30 at the new service center.

I received a text message on my phone and same was updated on the website as well.

My assumption would be based on initial receipt date at CSC.  Thank you! 

On 10/31/2018 at 1:55 PM, joe30 said:

I'm on the same boat, not sure which location the case transferred to, please update once you got any new status on your case.

Both Vermont and Nebraska center now processing cases filed beyond June so our case is already current, lets wait and see

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 8:53 AM, ssarava9 said:

I'm on the same boat, not sure which location the case transferred to, please update once you got any new status on your case.

Both Vermont and Nebraska center now processing cases filed beyond June so our case is already current, lets wait and see

On October 30, I got a notification about transferring my H1B, H4, H4-EAD to Nebraska service center. H1B & H4 are still under review.

Yesterday(Nov 26th), I got on update on USCIS website, that H4-EAD card has been ordered for production, while H1B, H4 are still pending.

What can make of it?

Is my H1B also approved or has higher chances of approval?

Thanks,

Joe

On 11/27/2018 at 8:55 AM, joe30 said:

On October 30, I got a notification about transferring my H1B, H4, H4-EAD to Nebraska service center. H1B & H4 are still under review.

Yesterday(Nov 26th), I got on update on USCIS website, that H4-EAD card has been ordered for production, while H1B, H4 are still pending.

What can make of it?

Is my H1B also approved or has higher chances of approval?

Thanks,

Joe

Good news. On Nov 26th, my wife's H4 & H4 EAD got approved for 3 years. Hopefully the H1B would also have been approved. Still waiting to hear from my employer, as the website is not updated.

Thanks,

Joe

Archived