H1 B Stamping issue Delhi October 16 2018

EJ3734

Hi All

I had my H1 -B personal Interview for stamping of my approved extension.

I was given a white slip , asking for more documents even though I had my client letter .

I saw that 90 percent of cases were not getting approved irrespective of the visa class.

I have submitted my documents on October 17th. 

So I am waiting for the decision , if they will approve or reject my case.

My passport is with me.

Thank you

EJ3734

5 hours ago, EJ3734 said:

Hi All

I had my H1 -B personal Interview for stamping of my approved extension.

I was given a white slip , asking for more documents even though I had my client letter .

I saw that 90 percent of cases were not getting approved irrespective of the visa class.

I have submitted my documents on October 17th. 

So I am waiting for the decision , if they will approve or reject my case.

My passport is with me.

Thank you

EJ3734

You need to wait for 2 or 3 weeks to get an update

Its an average 4 weeks of decision time with Delhi consulate issued 221g/Admin Processing for relatively straightforward cases like FTE and no CPT/OPT with no further documentation asked. Nobody knows for sure as 221g is a black hole and DOS/consulate can do whatever they want. They can sit on your case for however long they want in the name of national security. Today , if you are handed over a slip or your case is in admin processing, it may take any number of weeks or months for a decision to come. There are n number of factors like:

-was your petition copy kept by the officer ? (Super Bad)

- were any employer related documents requested ? (Suspicious)

- you got any criminal cases? (depends )

- did you ever violated your visa status (Super Bad) etc.

the list keeps going on and on.

Keep emailing them about the status. Try to write to one of your state senators. Write to Kamla Harris, if your state senator doesn't help you. 

https://www.harris.senate.gov/services/help-with-a-federal-agency

Someone in similar case wrote to their Senators to escalate with DOS. Senator's office sent an congressional enquiry. DOS/Consulate responded to the congressional enquiry that they cannot do anything untiltill admin processing can be completed. "Somehow" their visa got issued very next day.

It may be all coincidental but worth a try. Worst case you are waiting anyway. 

Same with me. I submitted documents for change of employer at Dropbox, New Delhi consulate. They have not asked any additional documents in my case. I have emailed the embassy, called the VFS numerous times. No response yet. This is the 4 week going on.

Submitted documents on Oct 15

Case created: Oct 16

Case last update: Oct 17

That's the last update I have. No information after that. Please let me know if you get any response, EJ3734.

Update - My client was contacted by USCIS on November 2nd that if the job duties on my client letter was consistent with what I am actually doing at Client site. My client responded to them in 2-3 days.

Received an email on November 9th from USTRAVELDOCS to submit my passport to complete the visa stamping.

But the status on ceac.state.gov still said admin processing.

I am hopeful that things will come out positive.

VAC(Visa application center) office closed for veterans day till  November 12th will submit my documents at VAC on November 13th.

Thank you all for giving your inputs.

Archived