Question on H1 visa stamping interview wavier

rahul1979

Hi ,

I have a little confusion around H1B Visa waiver program. 

I traveled to US on H1B in 2016 and recently received H1B extension for 2 years. Now, I am planning to go for H1B stamping in India along with my spouse, who never attended or got US Visa before (This is first time I am applying for H4).

I filled two different DS-160 forms one for me and one for my wife . Now I am trying to book an appointment @ https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ ,

Selected Visa class As H1 and filled personal details and added dependent (Spouse details with DS-160) and answered questions as below

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? - YES
Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated ?Clearance Received? or ?Department Authorization?? - NO
Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen? - NO
Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? - NO
Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? - No ( expired recently)
Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? - Yes
Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? - Yes

Now I see below message , 

"Congratulations! You qualify for the Interview Waiver (No Appointment). Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

When you click ?Continue? to proceed with your application."

Questions: Is this wavier applicable for me and my wife (who never applied for US visa) ? OR should I book different appointment for my wife with visa class H4?

Can someone please help by sharing your knowledge. Appreciate your help.

Thanks You...

On 10/20/2018 at 9:27 PM, rahul1979 said:

Hi ,

I have a little confusion around H1B Visa waiver program. 

I traveled to US on H1B in 2016 and recently received H1B extension for 2 years. Now, I am planning to go for H1B stamping in India along with my spouse, who never attended or got US Visa before (This is first time I am applying for H4).

I filled two different DS-160 forms one for me and one for my wife . Now I am trying to book an appointment @ https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ ,

Selected Visa class As H1 and filled personal details and added dependent (Spouse details with DS-160) and answered questions as below

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? - YES
Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated ?Clearance Received? or ?Department Authorization?? - NO
Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen? - NO
Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? - NO
Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? - No ( expired recently)
Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? - Yes
Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? - Yes

Now I see below message , 

"Congratulations! You qualify for the Interview Waiver (No Appointment). Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

When you click ?Continue? to proceed with your application."

Questions: Is this wavier applicable for me and my wife (who never applied for US visa) ? OR should I book different appointment for my wife with visa class H4?

Can someone please help by sharing your knowledge. Appreciate your help.

Thanks You...

Book separately. Don't add your wife as dependent in the same profile. May be you can do it in same profile, but just to avoid confusion.

Archived