I-485-Birth Certificate related evidence

Hello,

I have applied for marriage-based green card.

I do not have birth certificate with me.  So I sent School Leaving Certificate mentioning my date and place of birth and Certificate of Domicile, Nationality; mentioning my date and place of birth.  I also sent my passport copies (from my parent country) containing my date, place of birth and my father's and mother's names.

I got letter in mail saying, secondary evidence, I provided in place of birth certificate is not enough.  It says, I should provide birth certificate/ school certificate containing my name, date, place of birth and parent's names.

My relatives got my birth certificate from municipal county office, where I was born, earlier this week.  I contains my date, place of birth and parents' names. But it does not have my name on it.  Also my mother's only first name is mentioned.  Respective officer in that office, told my relative, that no information on this birth certificate can be changed.

In this scenario, what should I do next?  What documents I can provide to USCIS to satisfy their concern.

Let me know at earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Sam.

Let a lawyer help you. You need a NABC certificate for the BC and unless issued within 10 days of birth any other certificate will not do. You will also need affidavits from close elders about the matter. This is a very silly situation and you are best helped by a lawyer.

If you ever become an USC , remember these nice people and always remember to vote.

Archived