H4 & H4 EAD extensions without attorney

pashi_26

Hello folks,

My H1 got extended recently and my spouse H4 will be expiring on 02/19. I would have been applied for H4 & H4 EAD extension along with my application but the attorney is charging $1k and I thought that's kinda too much and also had a doubt that if my H1 extension got rejected everything is loss. So, I wanted to wait until I get my extension done and apply for hers. 

I know we can apply for both at the same time, but my question is do I need an attorney for this? considering pretty much everyone applied for H4 EAD on their own and since H4 basically depends on H1 status and petition...I thought we don't need an attorney.

If any of you guys applied for H4 & H4 EAD extension without attorney, could you please share the process and any advice?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, satya2k1 said:

Yes, you don't need an attorney for filing H4 and H4 EAd.  it is pretty much straight forward... Just include all required documentation and I-539, and I-765 forms ...

I have done myself for 2 times for my wife, and never got an RFE or any issues.

Thanks a lot man.

So as per USCIS mostly the required documents for

H4 - i-539 form, my H1 approval notice, marriage certificate, current H4 status + fee

H4 EAD - i-765 firnm my H1 approval notice, I-140, marriage certificate, current H4 status, current EAD copy, 2 passport size photos + fee

Anything else I'm I missing?

If you have the list would you please sharing here?

Thanks

2 hours ago, pashi_26 said:

Thanks a lot man.

H4 - i-539 form, my H1 approval notice, marriage certificate, current H4 status + fee

H4 EAD - i-765 firnm my H1 approval notice, I-140, marriage certificate, current H4 status, current EAD copy, 2 passport size photos + fee

Thanks

don't forget to include information pages from passports for both of you, identify proof and address proof.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:03 PM, pashi_26 said:

Thanks a lot man.

Thanks

I-539:

G-1145
I-539
check   $370
I-94
marriage certificate
H-4 passport pages

H-4 visa stamp
driver license

I-765:

G-1145