Emp B - Perm process - Need help!

kkNarGo4visa

Hello All,

Let me share my background,

2010 - entered into US on F1 visa and graduated from UNVA in Dec 2011.

2012 - Started working on OPT, OPT ext.

2013 - Emp A has filed an H1b in regular quota (not in MS quota and got approved)

2014 - Emp A has filed PERM with Bachelors degree since MS degree is not valid and PERM, I140 got approved in EB3 category.

2017 - Change of employer, Emp A -> Emp B (H1b transfer) approved.

2018 - Emp B has initiated an GC process.

Question:

1) Should I mention about MS degree to Emp B attorney ? If yes, will there be any problem?

2) Since my MS degree is not valid and I have more than 5 years of experience, I will be eligible for EB2 category?

Any other suggestions or issues you think of , please share them with me here and it will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

1. You should keep them informed of everything material to your application.

2. That depends on the minimal requirements of the job. Bachelors plus 5 years experience equates to Master's plus zero.

First of all, thanks so much for you inputs. Please see my response below.

1. Yes, I agree with you that I should inform everything and university lost its accreditation is not my fault. I am little worried if that creates any problem. Thats all i am worried about. 

2. Yes, the requirement is Bachelors plus 5 years of experience and I have more than 5years of experience so I think i am good for EB2 category.

4 hours ago, Hema Reddy said:

Since your MS degree is not accredited, don't mention this to attorney. If you have 5 years of relevant experience, you can still port your EB3 to EB2.

Hema, thanks for your inputs. Few others have suggested that I should not be lie-ing about my past so I think its good to be transparent.

9 hours ago, Hema Reddy said:

Since your MS degree is not accredited, don't mention this to attorney. If you have 5 years of relevant experience, you can still port your EB3 to EB2.

Misrepresentation is never a good idea.  Truth and ethics matter, irrespective of effects on a visa or US immigration benefit. 

Archived