H1-B Visa Stamping Possible with current company valid petition when H1-Transferred to another company and got approved but not joined yet

senthil2006

Hello - I have a valid H1-B extension petition approved recently till 2020 with my current company A and hence I got  an offer from Company B and applied for H1 transfer and got approved but i have not joined yet. Hence I am planning to go to India for short vacation and need to go for stamping.

Will there be any issue to go for stamping with current working company A?

And after coming from India, Can i join to new company B??

8 hours ago, senthil2006 said:

I am currently employed with Current Company A and haven't decided to join Company B yet.

In this situation, will there be any issue going for stamping with current employer (Company A)??

Well, your question implied that you are going to join B: "And after coming from India, Can i join to new company B?? "

Please don't think we can't figure this out...

It's all "totally hypothetical", except that it isn't...

The officer at the Consulate will know that you have an approved H1 from B.

The approval got for Comapny B is just  6 months only valid 12/31/2018. The current company approval is good for more 2 more years. Hence I am not joining the Company B and planning to continue the current employer - Company A.

Hence, Can I go for visa stamping with Company A h1b petition since company B petition is also active and not withdrawn yet??

OR should I wait either they successfully withdraw or till the time it get expired in case the company B not ready to withdraw the petition immediately??

please advise me what is the best option.

23 hours ago, senthil2006 said:

The approval got for Comapny B is just  6 months only valid 12/31/2018. The current company approval is good for more 2 more years. Hence I am not joining the Company B and planning to continue the current employer - Company A.

Hence, Can I go for visa stamping with Company A h1b petition since company B petition is also active and not withdrawn yet??

OR should I wait either they successfully withdraw or till the time it get expired in case the company B not ready to withdraw the petition immediately??

please advise me what is the best option.

Then tell company B and ask them to have their H1 petition revoked. And forget about trying to join B, as you were clearly indicating in your first post: "And after coming from India, Can i join to new company B ?"

Archived