Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Process to get work visa for PhD H4 dependent

Recommended Posts

The only practical ways include getting a H1 job from an university and not cap subject or getting H4 ead if you get an I-140 approved.

Where is her PhD from and in which subject?

Share this post

Link to post
On 9/14/2018 at 7:40 PM, SURESHBK said:

My spouse completed her PhD and current visa status is H4 dependent. Can you guide me on getting work permit for my spouse to work in USA.

She did her PhD from IIIT Bangalore INDIA and field of study is micro electronics(VLSI)

Edited by SURESHBK

Share this post

Link to post

She may be able to find out any research opportunities in the neighboring university . She may be able to approach say the biggest Motherboard manufacturer in the USA and seek any job openings via H1. This country is very big on networking and she may be able to identify people locally in the University with her background. She could ask her Professors in IIIT for useful contacts here .

No magic bullet from me. I am afraid. Best of luck to her. There is an USA chapter of IIIT and she may like to look in to it.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now