STAMPING IN INDIA WHILE H1B AMENDMENT IN PROGRESS

lokesh challa

I am working under same employee from may 2017 and my H1b expired in jan and its got approved in july 2018.Recently i moved to new client under same employee and filed amendment in normal process in Sept 2018.

Now, the issue is I have to go to India in Dec 2018 and I will have to attend visa stamping for new H1b. Now my concerns are as follows:

Can i go for stamping in India  with H1b amendment receipt and a letter from my employer stating that I am their employee and they have applied for my H1b amendment? What are the risks involved?

On 9/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, lokesh challa said:

I am working under same employee from may 2017 and my H1b expired in jan and its got approved in july 2018.Recently i moved to new client under same employee and filed amendment in normal process in Sept 2018.

Now, the issue is I have to go to India in Dec 2018 and I will have to attend visa stamping for new H1b. Now my concerns are as follows:

Can i go for stamping in India  with H1b amendment receipt and a letter from my employer stating that I am their employee and they have applied for my H1b amendment? What are the risks involved?

Risky. What if they give you a 221G and made you wait till your new amendment is approved. Why did you not go for premium. Now you don't have that option also.

Archived