H4 -EAD renewal after expiration. But is it considered a renewal?

pchegoor

My Wife's H4 -EAD expired in May 2018. She was issued an EAD card with the May 2018 expiration date when we applied for H4 -EAD. But she never worked on the H4 -EAD. My wife's H4 and my H1B  were recently extended. We want to renew the H4 -EAD now. Is this considered a renewal (Renewal of Permission) or a New H4 -EAD (Initial Permission) application while filling Form I -765? If it's considered a New H4 - EAD I am guessing I should not mention any details pertaining to old EAD card. Is this correct? 

Please advise.  Thanks.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:40 AM, pchegoor said:

My Wife's H4 -EAD expired in May 2018. She was issued an EAD card with the May 2018 expiration date when we applied for H4 -EAD. But she never worked on the H4 -EAD. My wife's H4 and my H1B  were recently extended. We want to renew the H4 -EAD now. Is this considered a renewal (Renewal of Permission) or a New H4 -EAD (Initial Permission) application while filling Form I -765? If it's considered a New H4 - EAD I am guessing I should not mention any details pertaining to old EAD card. Is this correct? 

Please advise.  Thanks.

Even if you use or don't use the H-4 EAD your application comes under the renewal of permission category.

Archived