I-539 COS from H-1B to H4 effective date Isuue

abhinav1404

I am on H-1B and Valid till Dec- 2018,My wife is also on H-1B and valid till April-2019.

I am applying for my H-1B extension and want to file COS for my wife H1 to H4.

I believe when my H-1B extension gets approved it will be effective from 1/1/2019

The effective date on I-539 is a confusion  where it ask "A Change of status and new Effective Date"

In case if  put the effective date as 1/1/2019 then her COS will be only valid from 1/1/2019 and she has to maintain her H-1B status till date.

I want  her COS to be effective from the day application received by USCIS not from the day my new H-1B extension valid.

Please provide some help,

5 hours ago, abhinav1404 said:

I am on H-1B and Valid till Dec- 2018,My wife is also on H-1B and valid till April-2019.

I am applying for my H-1B extension and want to file COS for my wife H1 to H4.

I believe when my H-1B extension gets approved it will be effective from 1/1/2019

The effective date on I-539 is a confusion  where it ask "A Change of status and new Effective Date"

In case if  put the effective date as 1/1/2019 then her COS will be only valid from 1/1/2019 and she has to maintain her H-1B status till date.

I want  her COS to be effective from the day application received by USCIS not from the day my new H-1B extension valid.

Please provide some help,

Ignore that date. Whatever date you put, USCIS will still mention start date same as approval date.

Archived