DS160 - H1b visa stamping

Angel777

Hello,

I received H1b approval in October 2017.  I am planning to travel India for my H1-b visa stamping. Currently, I am filling out my DS-160 and I have a few questions :

1) Previous employment for last five years   -

a) Should I enter all the employment details during my OPT (I had multiple employers including UNPAID internship and contract position)?

b) During my CPT I had worked for the same employer for fall and spring terms, I had a gap of about 3 weeks before starting the new session with the same employer, what start and end date should I enter? (Can I enter the start date from when I started the first term  and end date till the end of the next term ?)

2)  Personal information 2

a)    I am not sure whether I need to enter below

• U.S taxpayer ID number (i do not have one)  if I have SSN?
  • What is a national identification number ( I am an  Indian Citizen )

3) Address and phone information  :

a) What address should I enter as a home address? (Address where I am currently staying in US or my home address in India)

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, 02112018 said:

1 a . I have entered all my cpt/opt working details when I went for F1 to H1 first time interview in Vancouver.

b. check with employer.

2.  Only SSN to be entered

3. I have entered u.s address.

Thank you!

b. Example: my CPT dates were like 01/20/2015 to 07/20/2015 & 08/10/2015 to 12/10/2015. Should I enter 01/20 to 12/10 as my start and end date for that particular work experience?

6 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

1) Previous employment for last five years   - try to give all for which you can provide employment letters and pay stub

2) If you have SSN just enter it. leave remaining blank.

3) Address and phone information  : US address and phone number.

Thank you!

1) I do not have any paystubs for the unpaid internship that was a part of OPT (2 months). I do have an employment letter.

Should I enter the same details as a part of my work experience?

• 2 months later...

Archived