H1B transfer while I-140 Amendment in progress

Bala M

Hi All,

I have approved I-140 with EB2 priority date 10/2012 from Company A. Last year company A filed bankruptcy and it was acquired by company B and they are successor in interest. So they filed I-140 amendment and currently it is in progress and it will be approved anytime.

Now Company C offered a full time and they will file H1b transfer. Is there any issue in H1B transfer? Can we use Company A approved I-140? What if I-140 amendment is approved. Do I need to wait for 180 days before I can use that I-140?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Why are you not joining B? The successor in interest application needs to be approved before any move by you. In that case there should be no issue using that I-140 as the basis for H1 extensions.

One way of looking at it is to let C file and let the chips fall where they may. Questions arise as to why B took the trouble when you will not be joining them.

4 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Why are you not joining B? The successor in interest application needs to be approved before any move by you. In that case there should be no issue using that I-140 as the basis for H1 extensions.

One way of looking at it is to let C file and let the chips fall where they may. Questions arise as to why B took the trouble when you will not be joining them.

Thank you for your response

Sorry, I was not clear. All of company A employees become Company B employees including myself. The acquisition happened on June 2017 and they filed I-140 amendment on Dec 2017 and it is still in progress.

Now I want to join company C.

Archived