Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H4 visa for new born in Canada with Canadian Passport

Recommended Posts

Hi, there, I want to apply for a H4 visa for my new-born baby in Canada who has a Canadian passport. I am wondering if we need to visit the US Consulate or we can get the H4 visa at the border within the airport? Thanks in advance for any information. 

FYI, I am a Canadian PR, and already got my H1B visa to work in the US.

Share this post

Link to post

As a Canadian Citizen your child can get an H4 I94 at the border.

In Trump's world, please run it by the US Embassy and preferably ask for a written response.

Share this post

Link to post

Ignore the previous reply which is totally wrong. Your child can of course get a H4 visa at the Canadian Airport from where you are flying assuming the CBP has a presence there.

Canadian Citizens do not need a visa to enter the USA. You will need to produce the birth certificate of the child along with the passport. If both parents are flying this should be enough to ask for entry of the child in H4 status. You will also need the H1 petition approval and any relevant employment documents. If your company is a known one, this is no problem at all.

Share this post

Link to post
2 hours ago, Ram08072018 said:

h4 s wont come at the boarder you have to go to consulate this is for sure .at the boarder you can get  Tn visa Dependant not H4

You are wrong. Canadian citizens don't need an H4 visa. They can get admitted in H4 status at the border.

This has been possible for a long time, at least a decade.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now