H4 Visa Query !!!

Venkat1988

My wife is currently in India. She is intending to travel to USA by first week of July, 2018. 

1. My wife has a H4 visa with previous employer which is valid till 30th Sept 2018.

2. I have moved on to a new employer I have the H1B approved till July 2019. 

Following is my question:

1. Does my wife need a stamping to be done now before she travel. Since the current stamp has not expired I am skeptical abt it. 

2. Once enters till when would the new I-94 be valid. If its valid till Sept 30, 2018 then she may have to leave this country again. 

Following are the question in my mind. Please help me as earliest as possible. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Venkat, 

Did you wife travelled and came back to USA without any issus at the port of entry? I am also having the same doubt. 

My company name has changed. Her H4 Visa was stamped with old company name. She is travelling to India. As she on dependent visa, suggest if company name will matter? Will a name change letter will suffice or need new Visa?

I have an approved I-797 with the new company name.

THANKS

On 8/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, Mit12 said:

Hi Venkat, 

Did you wife travelled and came back to USA without any issus at the port of entry? I am also having the same doubt. 

My company name has changed. Her H4 Visa was stamped with old company name. She is travelling to India. As she on dependent visa, suggest if company name will matter? Will a name change letter will suffice or need new Visa?

I have an approved I-797 with the new company name.

THANKS

Archived