2nd Time H1B Visa Interview with DUI

pvdp

Hi

I currently live in US. I had a DUI back in 2012 in US. I applied for Canadian Visitor Visa in 2014 and got approved luckily (not sure how).

I booked my H1 Visa Date in Nov 2014 and traveled to Canada. (No Issues at Border Entry in Canada Vancouver). In the H1 Visa Interview, the interviewer said, since its less than 5 years since your conviction date of DUI, i have to send you to physician for Medical Tests. Got that done and submitted the results in envelope to the consulate in the next 3 days. Visa Approved 2 days after online. Returned to US with second inspection at the US port of entry and few basic questions.

This is Jun 2018. I am thinking to go back to Canada again for my H1B Visa for 2nd time. Anybody know if there is any changes to the process at the Canadian border or if i will face any issues at the Canadian border or if i will be sent for Medical Tests again by the Interviewer?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2018 at 7:07 PM, pvdp said:

Hi

I currently live in US. I had a DUI back in 2012 in US. I applied for Canadian Visitor Visa in 2014 and got approved luckily (not sure how).

I booked my H1 Visa Date in Nov 2014 and traveled to Canada. (No Issues at Border Entry in Canada Vancouver). In the H1 Visa Interview, the interviewer said, since its less than 5 years since your conviction date of DUI, i have to send you to physician for Medical Tests. Got that done and submitted the results in envelope to the consulate in the next 3 days. Visa Approved 2 days after online. Returned to US with second inspection at the US port of entry and few basic questions.

This is Jun 2018. I am thinking to go back to Canada again for my H1B Visa for 2nd time. Anybody know if there is any changes to the process at the Canadian border or if i will face any issues at the Canadian border or if i will be sent for Medical Tests again by the Interviewer?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Hi - Can you please share your experience?  How did it go?

Archived