Want to reapply Parents Visitor Visa

genius2018

I am on H1B status since 2011 with approved petition till 2020 and GC is under process (I-140 Approved), also I have stamping done last year in India. I am currently in California.

My parents visa got denied on 05-April-2018 at Mumbai consulate, India.  I was sponsoring the trip and I have enough balance in my US bank account. The reason we showed for their visit is tourism.

They got rejection with 214(b). They didn’t ask for any document. Without asking how you will you prove your ties. According to 214(b), applicant should have ties to their home country and have reason to come back to own country.

As my parents have their own properties in India. They have 2 kids and grandkids in India.

Now I want to re-apply for their visa but this time the situation is totally changed, my wife was critically ill and passed away in mid of May-2018. So, me and my daughter (9 years old) want my parents to stay with us in USA for few months so that we get emotional support and help us to overcome grief and depression.

Any suggestion on how to reapply for my parents’ visitor visa?

8 hours ago, genius2018 said:

I am on H1B status since 2011 with approved petition till 2020 and GC is under process (I-140 Approved), also I have stamping done last year in India. I am currently in California.

My parents visa got denied on 05-April-2018 at Mumbai consulate, India.  I was sponsoring the trip and I have enough balance in my US bank account. The reason we showed for their visit is tourism.

They got rejection with 214(b). They didn’t ask for any document. Without asking how you will you prove your ties. According to 214(b), applicant should have ties to their home country and have reason to come back to own country.

As my parents have their own properties in India. They have 2 kids and grandkids in India.

Now I want to re-apply for their visa but this time the situation is totally changed, my wife was critically ill and passed away in mid of May-2018. So, me and my daughter (9 years old) want my parents to stay with us in USA for few months so that we get emotional support and help us to overcome grief and depression.

Any suggestion on how to reapply for my parents’ visitor visa?

Sorry for your personal loss. The process is the same. Make sure their DS-160 reflects the correct information and the reason for their visit is appropriate.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I think you should be honest in stating purpose for the visit on the DS-160 -- which is visiting you as well as some travel. In my experience,  it's always better to have them as self -sponsors, just make sure they carry their documents (bank statements, property documents, etc.) - that also works to show that they have ties and are established in India and not dependent on you. The rest I guess depends on how the interview goes and if your folks can  convey that they have established assets  and family in India. Most times they don't really ask for any documentation, imo, and approve it for parents (especially for H1-B people, not sure if I-140 changes things since it shows immigration intent for the son/daughter and hence by inference for the parents?) but since you have a denial, it's likely they will ask second time around.

Archived