H4 Stamping - Going for Drop Box but petition revoked.

rajamuna0319

I had an H1B extension approved till NOV 2019 by Employer A. Employer A did file a H4 petition (got a separate reciept #) for my spouse and kid and got approved till NOV 2019 as well.

I switched to a new employer B in OCT 2017 and got the new petition also approved till NOV 2019. But new employer's attorney said no H4 petition filing is required as H4 is not tied to the employer but to my H1B itself.

Now, my spouse is planning to travel to India and she has to get the VISA stamped as it has expired. She qualifies for Drop Box, but I just checked the status of her H4 petition and it shows revoked. Should we file a new H4 Petition and then travel to India or she can travel to India and submit copy of my approved Employer B approved H1b petition and it should be all good ?

Need immediate suggestion please.

19 hours ago, rajamuna0319 said:

I had an H1B extension approved till NOV 2019 by Employer A. Employer A did file a H4 petition (got a separate reciept #) for my spouse and kid and got approved till NOV 2019 as well.

I switched to a new employer B in OCT 2017 and got the new petition also approved till NOV 2019. But new employer's attorney said no H4 petition filing is required as H4 is not tied to the employer but to my H1B itself.

Now, my spouse is planning to travel to India and she has to get the VISA stamped as it has expired. She qualifies for Drop Box, but I just checked the status of her H4 petition and it shows revoked. Should we file a new H4 Petition and then travel to India or she can travel to India and submit copy of my approved Employer B approved H1b petition and it should be all good ?

Need immediate suggestion please.

Employer B approved H1b petition should be good.

Archived