Can H1b transferable after 60 days period to another company?

V S

Hello All, 

I am currently working with Company A and i am on Bench , So my employer told they withdrawn my H1 and will refile an amendment when i get new assignment . I got new assignment and they filed amendment.  All this happened with in 60 days period , also i have got to know from some reliable sources that H1b can be transferred to company B if you are in 60 days period .

But my question is, Can i transfer my H1b if i get another opportunity after 60 days before my new amendment gets approved ? My confusion here is all about with drawn H1B ,so do i have any thing that can be transferred?

If the company had the H1 revoked they will have to file (and pay for) a new H1 petition. Amendment would not be enough.

If they didn't inform USCIS, then they would have to pay you. You need to get paid on bench as long as the company employs you.

My old petition shows still active ( approved status) . But my employer told they sent revocation request and they now just filed amendment. They are telling just amendment should be enough. 

I am confused with situation.

Did amendment alone suffice or not? 

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

returning

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Assuming you have no qualms about the H1 visa, nothing stops you from leaving and returning with a H1 visa after a new H1 petition approval.

Can new company able to transfer or do they need to file new h1 petition ??

10 hours ago, V S said:

My old petition shows still active ( approved status) . But my employer told they sent revocation request and they now just filed amendment. They are telling just amendment should be enough. 

I am confused with situation.

Did amendment alone suffice or not? 

They would have to file a new H1.

Archived