H4 visa to B2 visa

Jmhermilinda

Hello,

I was on H4 in US with my husband. Travelled to India for delivery in December 2016. My husband had to transfer his H1b [ May 2017 ] to a new employer and the petition got denied after two RFE’s. He’s into a new employer and the petition is pending.I94 expires by the end of May 2018. I’m in India. How can I visit my husband in US ? He has not seen the baby yet. Can I apply for a visitor visa to stay for a month ?

Good golly..this was quite common during our days a decade ago..for people to miss siblings' weddings or even more sad, missing parent's last moments due to visa fears...several of my friends made millions since then but can't let go of repentance..

But 2018 guyz..plenty of opps everywhere and in India itself..talk some sense into your husband to pack a bag n see daughter..immigration can be dealt later..B2 for you can be little doubtful in this case but what's the downside of risking $160 application fee?

Or ask him to choose consular option in lieu of i94 extension..he is sitting idle here w/o a valid H1 status anyways...he can spend that with his daughter while waiting on H1 approval and all off u can nor for stamping together..

Archived