L2 extension pending, Can I start new L2 application

KunalVerma

Hi Team,

Need some urgent guidance on this.

My Visa upgraded from L1B to L1A. My Spouse's Current Status:
- My spouse and daughter came to US on L2 visa which was linked with my then L1B visa. Her Visa is set to expire on July-2018. 
- My L1B got upgraded to L1A and I got my L1A approval on Aug-2017. I have the latest I-797.
- As my Visa class changed, my L1A visa will now expire on Aug-2019.
- We started the L2 extension (I-539) application for my Spouse and Daughter in Dec-2017.
- Current status of L2 extension (I-539) is that, the approval will come in Dec-2018 (normal processing time). Her EAD will expire in June-2018
and she wont be able to work from June-2018 until Dec-2018 as her L2 extension is not coming thru.

What we need help with:
- As I got a new I797, I can travel back to India, book an appointment with US embassy and get a new L1A visa stamped which will be valid till 08-14-2019.
- We can file for NEW L2 application for my Spouse and Daughter based on my new I797. Get an interview for L2 visa stamp. This will be a new L2 application compared to L2 extension which we filed in Dec-2017.
Do you see any issues with this plan?
So essentially, we want to apply for a new L2 application, instead of the Renewal which is getting delayed? We will need to travel back to India to get this done. As she has a valid visa till July-2018, we can travel in May-2018 and comeback the same month. Will that be recommended?

Please take this on priority as we will need to book the appointments, book the tickets if this is feasible?

Archived