H1B & I140 Job Positions

Sathish3145

Hello,

My current H1B position is energy engineer, with bachelors and 1yr experience as requirement. I have been in this position throughout 6 years of H1B which expires 9/30/18. This is applied as level 1 wage even though the wage is very close to level 2.

I have I140 approved for energy engineer II, with masters and no work experience as requirement. This is applied as level 2 wage.

What would be the best option in the current scenario? 

- Amend and renew the H1B as energy engineer II, with masters as requirement (Level 2 wage). The job description is similar except for added responsibilities compared to energy engineer.

- Renew the H1B with the energy engineer, i.e., current position with level 2 wage. If we do this, do we need to increase the experience requirement? Can we just file LCA with level 2 wage for same position with no changes in requirements.

Any input in this matter will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sathish

• 3 weeks later...

Your Green Card processing and H1B are independent of each other. GC process is based on a future employment, so you need not really worry about that. for your H1b, work with your companies attorney when it needs extension to properly file with where you are at that point.

Archived