B2 Visa extension

Rob

Hi there, My parents are here on B2 visa.. they were here for 6 months last year (left USA in July) and came back to USA again in December last year. I am planning to submit the extension for her to stay beyond 6 months (she was granted 6 months stay at the immigration in December). I have 3 questions:

1. How many days prior to the 6 months window, extension request to be submitted?

2. Once the extension gets filed, are they allowed to stay in the country before USCIS communicates the decision on the extension. e.g. If the extension is filed in 5th month and no decision was communicated before the end of 6 months, r they allowed to stay beyond 6 months window? 

3. Since my parents have visited back to back, what are the chances of extension getting approved ? I know it is a very subjective question but I am looking for the % of approval chances 

greatly appreciate your response 

could someone answer my 2nd question..

2. Once the extension gets filed, are they allowed to stay in the country before USCIS communicates the decision on the extension. e.g. If the extension is filed in 5th month and no decision was communicated before the end of 6 months, r they allowed to stay beyond 6 months window? 

If they overstay the I94 and the decision on extension is negative their current visa is rendered invalid. Ordinarily I would say the Consulate would give them a new visa if they apply. Under the prevailing circumstances and administration, that may not be valid. They would seem to send the bottom tier of their Consulate Officers to Asia in any case. Of course they can apply for an extension.

Archived