VISA STAMPING EXPERIENCE - MEXICO CITY

surya6442

Hai Friends,

After reading to loads of forms which helped me a lot, i felt like sharing my experience with my H1B Stamping in Mexico City.

This is my second time stamping first time got stamped in vacouver, canada.

My Visa stamping is on 6th and i got my finger printing on 5th.

Finger printing is pretty straight forward process.

VISA INTERVIEW:

My case transfer approved.

VO:FIRST Time or Renewal 

Me: Renewal

VO:Whom do you work for?

Me:qqqqqq Company

VO:How long you have been working for ?

Me: New Employer

VO: Current Role in the company?

Me:Computer systems anaylst.

VO: Your Visa is APPROVED and you can collect it in 2 days,Up on requesting he asked me to collect it on the next day.

Overall experience was very good.I stayed in Room mate Valentino, which costed me $80 per night , its just 5 mins away from consulate.

Have break fast at the hotel and most of my lunch and dinner i managed with pizza and totillas with mush rooms as i am a vegetarian.

You will have very good options if you are a not.Make sure you carry min of $500 in cash so that you need to pay transaction fee if you need more money.Also make sure you have google translator because language will be a bit problem if you dont know spanish.Watch out while you are boarding back to US.They need the customs slip that they give us while coming in to mexico.IF you miss it you need to got to immigration to get a new slip which costs 250 pesos.So please dont loose that slip.Got back to US with no issues at port of entry.If it is a renewal i would suggest you go to CANADA or MEXICO as you find early dates and process is quick and straight forward.Good Luck to all you guys.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/21/2018 at 3:34 PM, abhijit_bay_area said:

Thanks for sharing the info!

Can you please mention if you work for a big multinational company or a small startup?

Also are you FTE or EVC or something else?

I have seen FTE as well as EVC guys got successful stamping in Mexico City,

If you need any more info, you can drop me an email. I would be able to connect you with few folks who been to mexico city

Archived