brother's family first visa attempt rejected :214(b)

ansa224

Hi,

My brother and his wife and their two kids applied for B1/B2 visa to come and visit me in USA. it got rejected. The questions they asked were about the jobs my brother (IT management- 11 months in his new job)  and his wife (government for past 15 years) held. I am naturalized USA citizen since 2015. my question is , should they reapply within 6 months or wait for a while? Is there something in application need to be changed or added? i am going back to school so i was hoping that they could come this summer. Their visa appointment was last week. 

your help is appreciated. thank you very much!

Anagha

They should have a plan of say 4 weeks visiting you and the local sites as appropriate . A job leave letter should help as well . You can send them a simple letter stating that you are an USC and you would like to have them visit to see the great sights of this "fabulous" country, obviously avoid the quotes. Emphasize that they both have jobs and have no interest or inclination in migrating. Do not send any affidavit or coach them.

Should they choose they may like to contact the firm of Murthy in Chennai for  guidance.You can state you will be responsible for their trip expenses . Give your email and other contact details in the letter. Keep it simple.

Archived