Marriage in India before US Citizenship

natar002

I got my Green card through Employment (EB-2) on August 19th, 2013. I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship on May 20th, 2018. I would like to apply for citizenship through Murthy Associates. But I am planning to go India on March 1st, 2018 for Engagement. I am also planning to get married in March 2018 if everything works out. Since I am in the 4th-year 7th month of my Green card. Can I go ahead and get married or should I wait till get my US Citizenship?

Following questions, I have regarding my marriage on my green card.

Note: eligibility for applying my citizenship is May 20th, 2018

1.Can get married March 2018 and also apply Green card for my Spouse.

2. if get married March 2018, how long does it take Green card for my spouse.

3.Should I get engaged to her now and get married to her after I get my citizenship

4.if get married March 2018, how long does it take to get Green card for my spouse

5. Can I leave the country when my application for US citizenship is in the process?

My mother is insisting that I get married in March 2018. 

Can you please guide so that I take the right decision. It is one of the most decisions of life. I do not anything immigration laws that impact my life.

As I want my spouse to get the green card at the earliest. Kindly do the suggest.

• 3 weeks later...

Given ur age n tough experiences you have been through, you should be in a position to advise others not seek one...most of your questions are about processing times..look it up on INS website..yes I said INS ..

Dont let immigrtion further delay your life, my friend.

Archived