Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DIneshgeni

H1b denied after in reposnse to REF. CS degree

Recommended Posts

I have 6 years IT experience and I hv done my bachelors in Electrical and Electronice Engineering.. On NOv 28 , i  hv got RFE asking for How your bachelors degree helps for your software work. I replied with best answers  with attached DOC. On Jan 22 , i hv got decision that  my H1b petition got denied.  I yet to recive decsion mail notice...Dont  know what to do next.pls advise  what can be done by employer further ?

6469-245.coursework chart-1.docx

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Experts,

I have ELectrical & Electronics degree and over 12yrs of IT experience . Am completing my 6yrs on H1b by Jan2019 and my Visa already expired in Oct2016. I dont have any prior approved 140. I am FTE and my current employer filed for my i140 in EB2 category for title "Senior Financial Applications Architect" and it got RFE for "progressive experience" and later on providing supporting docs, it resulted in denial of the case few days back in premium. Keeping in consideration that i have just 1yr to finish my 6yrs on H1b  and i dont have any approved 140, what are the chances/choices i have to continue working in US on legit work permit?

1. With my current employer, if they go for re-openning or Appeal for the denial, what are the chances of it getting my i140 approved?
- What other options i have with my current employer?

2. With any new employer (if i switch soon), can new employer port-in my current priority date and file for new i140 on EB2 again, with different title or almost same title OR is it safer to file EB3 than EB2 (as EB3 may not have much evidences requirement/issues like EB2)?

Presuming that by Apr2019, H1b premium will again be put on hold until Oct, i may have time only until Mar to switch to new job in case that be the last but safer choice. So, i request you to please suggest me what should be done in such case.

Regards,
Sam

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Bhajagovindam said:

Sorry to hear this.

Is that a full time job and what's your job title?

I am working top MNC in India and am s senior java developer with 6  yrs  exp

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×