is it safe to plan for visa stamping- H4 to H1B COS then changed employer, got H1B transfer approved ?

chatm

I applied for H-4 to H1B COS in April 2016,  approval received ,  worked for desi consultancy then changed employer on approved H1B transfer petition and joined as Full Time employee.(direct employer- employee relation, no middle vendor or EVVC case)

Now , i am planning to visit India due to some personal work and go for visa stamping. I never got H1B stamp on passport as i never went out of country. 

Just curious about my scenario if it is wise to plan travel now and get stamping done ?  i heard many people got 221g or had to go through additional administrative processing due to more detailed scrutiny.

6 hours ago, chatm said:

I applied for H-4 to H1B COS in April 2016,  approval received ,  worked for desi consultancy then changed employer on approved H1B transfer petition and joined as Full Time employee.(direct employer- employee relation, no middle vendor or EVVC case)

Now , i am planning to visit India due to some personal work and go for visa stamping. I never got H1B stamp on passport as i never went out of country. 

Just curious about my scenario if it is wise to plan travel now and get stamping done ?  i heard many people got 221g or had to go through additional administrative processing due to more detailed scrutiny.

It all depends on the case by case.As you are direct employer I don't think you will be asked the number of questions and that also depends on how confident you are in answering the officer's questions and I hope you will get it done.

Make sure you book an appointment early before flying.

3 hours ago, Amar0259 said:

It all depends on the case by case.As you are direct employer I don't think you will be asked the number of questions and that also depends on how confident you are in answering the officer's questions and I hope you will get it done.

Make sure you book an appointment early before flying.

I was concerned due to H4- H1B COS, worked in EVVC model and recently changed employer and never got H1B stamp before. Should the visa stamping go smoothly?

Archived