Pursuing 2nd Masters Degree while still on H1-B Visa

Vinay Sagar

Hello,

I graduated with Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering in 2013 and currently I'm on H1-B Visa since 2015. I need some advise on what my options are as I'm thinking of pursuing my 2nd Masters Degree in 2019. The programs I'm thinking of doing are Masters of Science in Technology Management or Masters of Science in Entrepreneurship or Masters of Science Technology Innovation. It would be great if anyone can help me clarify the following questions I have

1. Can I take a break of 12-14 months on my H1-B and go pursue my 2nd Masters Degree which I'll be doing Full Time ? 

2. If I quit my job and move to F-1 Visa I may have problems with OPT and OPT Extn. The programs which I'm targeting do not come under STEM Degree as these Programs come under Business Schools and hence they only have OPT period of 12 months. When I graduate from my 2nd Masters will I be eligible for OPT period of 12 months again ? as I have already used my Initial OPT period of 12 months during my 1st Masters Degree.

3. Assuming that I get Initial OPT of 12 months when I move to F-1 Visa , since I'll be pursuing an Advanced Degree are there any special conditions under which I can be granted with OPT Extn for a Non STEM Degree by USCIS since I already have STEM Degree (Masters in EE) ?

Thanks,

Vinay

Archived