Travel when H4 extension and H4 EAD is pending

Meenu12

Hi There, 
I have a valid H4 and H4 EAD until December 2017. I applied for H4 extension in Aug and H4 EAD renewal in October. Both my H4 and H4 EAD extensions are showing as "Case Received." However, I need to travel outside US in the first week of December and come back in January. 
My question is, if I go to India and get a fresh H4 stamping based on my husband's H1B approval and come back to US, I know the I-539 (H4 extn) will be cancelled as I have a new H4 stamp, but what happens to my pending I-765 (H4-EAD renewal) application that was applied in October? The wait time is huge for i-765, so want to make sure my travel outside will not impact the pending I-765 and thereby jeopardize my current job. 

Please advice. 
TIA

On 11/19/2017 at 2:41 PM, Meenu12 said:

Hi There, 
I have a valid H4 and H4 EAD until December 2017. I applied for H4 extension in Aug and H4 EAD renewal in October. Both my H4 and H4 EAD extensions are showing as "Case Received." However, I need to travel outside US in the first week of December and come back in January. 
My question is, if I go to India and get a fresh H4 stamping based on my husband's H1B approval and come back to US, I know the I-539 (H4 extn) will be cancelled as I have a new H4 stamp, but what happens to my pending I-765 (H4-EAD renewal) application that was applied in October? The wait time is huge for i-765, so want to make sure my travel outside will not impact the pending I-765 and thereby jeopardize my current job. 

Please advice. 
TIA

The EAD application will also be void. You need to re apply again.

Archived