H1B Stamping after 9 years

reddy33

Hi,

I entered US in 2006 on H1B and went to India for a month vacation in March 2007. Since then I didn't leave the US. In 2008, I joined my current company and since then working without any gap (almost 9 years). I have been working at the same location since 9 years. My employer is fortune 500 product based company. I am full time employee and working on the product. I have approved I140 from 2010. Recently I am done 4th H1B extension with this employer.

Now, I am planning to go Canada for H1B visa stamping. Do you see any problem with my scenario?

If you are concern because you are going for stamping after 9yrs then you should drop this ball of burden!!! there is no such reason to worry about.

I 140 approval do not relates by any means to your H1B stamping, they are totally two different line for immigration.

As long as you and your employer in good standing with genuine credentials then there should be no problem.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 0:30 AM, reddy33 said:

Hi,

I entered US in 2006 on H1B and went to India for a month vacation in March 2007. Since then I didn't leave the US. In 2008, I joined my current company and since then working without any gap (almost 9 years). I have been working at the same location since 9 years. My employer is fortune 500 product based company. I am full time employee and working on the product. I have approved I140 from 2010. Recently I am done 4th H1B extension with this employer.

Now, I am planning to go Canada for H1B visa stamping. Do you see any problem with my scenario?

I dont think you will be having any issue if you have all your documents up to date. I just had my stamping done last week from Ottawa, Canada. I was in USA for continuous 7 years and went for interview after 7 years (F1 to H1B)... make sure your Job title matches in LCA and Employer Letter/client letter/Vendor Letter and also make sure that you are getting paid equal to or more than the wage mentioned in LCA. They were very specific to these things...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived