I am adjusting to permanent residence on tourist visa - parents denied tourist visas to attend wedding

I visited my partner (USC) on a B2 visa and long story short we decided to get married. My parents recently applied for tourist visas to attend the ceremony but were denied. They were told by the CO that it's because of my visa situation - the interview lasted all of two minutes and they were denied after the CO looked up my file. They both have been to the US many times with plenty of financial assets, and another child and grandchild at home, so on their own, they shouldn't have any issue with getting a tourist visa. 

My questions are: 

1. Is it worth it to apply for another tourist visa to try to attend the ceremony? 

2. When my green card is approved, would they still have the same visa trouble? 

3. What else can I do in future interviews to convince the CO that they will return? 

The consular officers don't like it if people visit the US on a visitor visa and then get married there and stay there, because that's contrary to the purpose of a visitor visa.

But this looks like the officer is taking it out on your parents, and that's just wrong. Having said that, they have some discretionary power, and a visa is never guaranteed. Getting an immigration lawyer involved may help.

Archived