H1b Visa stamping Vancouver- PIMS update

Sachin777

Hi,

I have attended H1b Visa interview ( H1b renewal) at 7.45 am today. The lady at 2nd floor who verifies DS-160 and I 797 said that she has not been able to locate my I797 in the system as my PIMS has not been updated and might take 3-5 days to get it updated in the system and VO will mention about it.

During the actual interview the VO dint ask many questions, some basic questions like

Do you work for ABC, What is your education, where? in which field? what is your salary ? and Handed over me the rights document and explained about it. She then took 10 printing. After that she said my Petition is not been updated yet in PIMS, and said there is nothing to worry about, she handed me over the white slip which says Admin processing. I asked if my Visa has been approved and then she handed me over the Green pamphlet and said to go through it.

She kept my passport and I797.

The status now says Admin processing.

Can anyone please shed some light on this? how long would it take to get my passport back? I am confused.

Thanks for your time!

3 hours ago, Sachin777 said:

Hi,

I have attended H1b Visa interview ( H1b renewal) at 7.45 am today. The lady at 2nd floor who verifies DS-160 and I 797 said that she has not been able to locate my I797 in the system as my PIMS has not been updated and might take 3-5 days to get it updated in the system and VO will mention about it.

During the actual interview the VO dint ask many questions, some basic questions like

Do you work for ABC, What is your education, where? in which field? what is your salary ? and Handed over me the rights document and explained about it. She then took 10 printing. After that she said my Petition is not been updated yet in PIMS, and said there is nothing to worry about, she handed me over the white slip which says Admin processing. I asked if my Visa has been approved and then she handed me over the Green pamphlet and said to go through it.

Can anyone please shed some light on this? how long would it take to get my passport back? I am confused.

Thanks for your time!

this is quite common. Inorder to avoid PIMS issue. Generally your employer was supposed to send pdf copies of ur approved h1 petition along with ur interview time slot conformation to the US Consulate you are going to attend.

Dont panic. stay calm everything is going to work fine.

Kindly kindly kindly upadte this thread when you have ur passport with approval.

5 hours ago, Sachin777 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your time!

When was your H1-B renewed ? Whats the date of Approval ?

Usually attorneys include a message to the USCIS to send a copy to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) after H1-B approval,

so the PIMS Database will get updated.

Incase if it did not gets updated, you will get Administrative processing on PIMS update.

Don't worry.... it happened to me in May 2014, As per my knowledge ... Max - 3-4 working days, you will be cleared.

I had yesterday and strangely she asked for CV and I couldnt find it in my petition, she issued 221g yellow asked me to email it. My attorney says it is because they didnt request my PIMS and thatswhy they asked all that. Now I sent my CV but not sure when they will complete processing. Atleast you know it is PIMS mine is a guess. One thing when I check the status, it said it was created on day before my interview and updated was day of interview. Why did they open admin processing case before even I attended the interview-- I am not sure. 

Do you see that on your application status?

4 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

this is quite common. Inorder to avoid PIMS issue. Generally your employer was supposed to send pdf copies of ur approved h1 petition along with ur interview time slot conformation to the US Consulate you are going to attend.

Dont panic. stay calm everything is going to work fine.

Kindly kindly kindly upadte this thread when you have ur passport with approval.

Thank you! , will update once I hear back from them.

1 hour ago, gc038 said:

I had yesterday and strangely she asked for CV and I couldnt find it in my petition, she issued 221g yellow asked me to email it. My attorney says it is because they didnt request my PIMS and thatswhy they asked all that. Now I sent my CV but not sure when they will complete processing. Atleast you know it is PIMS mine is a guess. One thing when I check the status, it said it was created on day before my interview and updated was day of interview. Why did they open admin processing case before even I attended the interview-- I am not sure. 

Do you see that on your application status?

Yes I do see the same thing on my status. the case created was a day before I attended the interview. It must be a common thing I guess, by default it goes to Admin processing for everyone and then they will update it accordingly.  In my case no docs were asked.

You dint find your CV in your petition? you mean you dint carry your resume?

2 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

This is normal process. I had same situation for my first stamping at Vancouver Canada in 2012. It took me extra one day. All my friend who had no PIMS issue got visa issued status on Tuesday and got passports on Wednesday. I had PIMS issue and got visa issued status on Wednesday and passport on Thursday.

Thanks Gopal for your input!

2 hours ago, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

When was your H1-B renewed ? Whats the date of Approval ?

Usually attorneys include a message to the USCIS to send a copy to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) after H1-B approval,

so the PIMS Database will get updated.

Incase if it did not gets updated, you will get Administrative processing on PIMS update.

Don't worry.... it happened to me in May 2014, As per my knowledge ... Max - 3-4 working days, you will be cleared.

Mine was Approved in Aug this year, they were unable to locate my I797 in their system. I hope they get it updated soon.  Thank you for your inputs!

14 hours ago, Sachin777 said:

Yes I do see the same thing on my status. the case created was a day before I attended the interview. It must be a common thing I guess, by default it goes to Admin processing for everyone and then they will update it accordingly.  In my case no docs were asked.

You dint find your CV in your petition? you mean you dint carry your resume?

So silly of me to forget resume. BUt my confidence was I will have it in my petition and I didnt find in it. VO lady checked for me too still we couldnt find and very politely she said I can email it. Now I am more worried if it even get approved or will it take more longer than usual or something else. Its driving me crazy

42 minutes ago, gc038 said:

So silly of me to forget resume. BUt my confidence was I will have it in my petition and I didnt find in it. VO lady checked for me too still we couldnt find and very politely she said I can email it. Now I am more worried if it even get approved or will it take more longer than usual or something else. Its driving me crazy

Yes, wait times are painful,did you case get an updated date today?

18 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

This is normal process. I had same situation for my first stamping at Vancouver Canada in 2012. It took me extra one day. All my friend who had no PIMS issue got visa issued status on Tuesday and got passports on Wednesday. I had PIMS issue and got visa issued status on Wednesday and passport on Thursday.

My case got updaed today, but no change in the status, what does it mean?,  thanks!!

I have question w.r.t this topic - I got 221g recently when I went to Vancouver for my renewal stamping. During the interview, the VO asked me for my resume and since I didn't have it at that time, I emailed them soon after the interview.

However, my status is still showing "Administrative Processing" and has been more than 10 working days (incl date of interview).

So, how do I know if my case was due to PIMS or something else? The VO did not mention anything about PIMS etc during the interview.

Pls let me know. Thanks!

Most likely there should be no issue with PIMS in your case as they would have mentioned it to you earlier at ds 160/i797 verification counter saying PIMS not found, which they did for me. Since you have already submitted the resume which they have asked for, there is nothing much u can do but just to wait and hear back from them. I do hope it will be resolved soon. Good Luck!

Archived