H1B Visa Stamping with a remote client

H1B_sanibhagvan

Hi,

This forum has been very helpful for so many immigrants across US. This also helped me when my passport was impounded in India 2 years before. 

Now let me come to my current problem.

I'm on H1B visa. I was with XXX client from Jan 2017 - Apr 2017. Then I went on leave for 3 months due to my child's health condition without salary/pay stubs from my employer. 

Then I have got a remote project in August 2017 and currently working in that. 

I wanted to travel India for my brother's marriage in another 15days. My company attorney says its a risk travelling to India and to get stamped. This is my first stamping for H1B. 

Here are the risks listed by my attorney:

1. I was on leave without salary for 3months. Officier will reject my petition if he checks my history of employment and salary stubs.

2. She cannot approve for premium processing for amendment since she has other priorities. The amendment is not processed yet.

3. She would advise the management that I have taken enough number of leaves and that would cause company's profit. 

Is it advisable to travel and to get stamped? I don't see a risk involved like an attorney advises. And moreover, I wanted to go the wedding in any cause.  

On 10/4/2017 at 11:36 AM, aarya2k said:

Hi,

This forum has been very helpful for so many immigrants across US. This also helped me when my passport was impounded in India 2 years before. 

Now let me come to my current problem.

I'm on H1B visa. I was with XXX client from Jan 2017 - Apr 2017. Then I went on leave for 3 months due to my child's health condition without salary/pay stubs from my employer. 

Then I have got a remote project in August 2017 and currently working in that. 

I wanted to travel India for my brother's marriage in another 15days. My company attorney says its a risk travelling to India and to get stamped. This is my first stamping for H1B. 

Here are the risks listed by my attorney:

1. I was on leave without salary for 3months. Officier will reject my petition if he checks my history of employment and salary stubs.

2. She cannot approve for premium processing for amendment since she has other priorities. The amendment is not processed yet.

3. She would advise the management that I have taken enough number of leaves and that would cause company's profit. 

Is it advisable to travel and to get stamped? I don't see a risk involved like an attorney advises. And moreover, I wanted to go the wedding in any cause.  

1. Take any hospital records which show your child's health issue and you can say you were on unpaid time off.

2. Take the amendment receipt and go for stamping.

If it is absolutely necessary you can go. 

Archived