Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I-693 RFE for my I-485

Recommended Posts

Hello Folks,

I had to move back to India due to a family need and now working in Chennai India. Only now after long years i have received I-693 update request for my pending I-485 filing.

Given that im back in India & working here, do i have an option to respond back to the RFE from here at all? Can i engage any lawyer on my behalf to do this? What are my options here?

Share this post

Link to post

Your AOS is automatically denied if you leave without AP . Responding to the RFE is not necessary as it is immaterial. If the GC job is still available to you which would be unlikely, you can consider consular processing.

Share this post

Link to post

1. Are you still working for the same employer who filed your gc? If yes, then contact hr/attorney asap and check if they can help you change your aos to cp

2. Why you did not think about changing your aos to cp all these days?

3. What is the status of your h1b? If you still have any pending days (6 yrs term left) in your h1b then you can find gc sponsoring employer and do h1b transfer. Try to come back to usa and respond to rfe. Realistically you have really less time (rfe response time is approx. < 2-3 months) and since h1b transfer premium is not available so its quite impossible.

4. How did you manage to receive the rfe text as earlier you mentioned that you are in India.

5. Uscis sent rfe only about I 693? I am sure they might have asked about your current job details?

Share this post

Link to post

Thanks for your responses folks.

I received the RFE via my attorney with whom my earlier company filed my I-485. I did not know the option of consular processing when i first filed and later when i came to know i couldn't do that as the company that i filed did not want to reinitiate another process for the same.

The current RFE is only about I-693 and maybe they might have asked about the job details as a next step if i had responded is my guess. I did read through the RFE and it did mention only about updating my I-693.

Unfortunately I'm working for a different company in India than the one that filed my I-485. 

Based on your responses looks like i may have to forego this long wait :(

Once again thanks for your responses to my query.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now