H1B Transfer when Extension is in process with the same client location in LCA

skrknr

Hi,

I see similar questions in the forum, but my case has one additional thing to ask. 

1) My current i-797 and i-94 is valid until Sept 30th 2017. Employer A (current employer) has filed for H1B extension with client location "X" in June last week and application is still pending.

2) Can Employer B file for the transfer and extension with the same client location "X" (in LCA) as Employer A filed extension with.

3) If #2 is doable, will there be any complications if Employer B files for transfer and extension after Sept 30th( i797 and i94 expiration date). At the same time any advantage if Employer B initiates transfer and extension before Sept 30th.

4) There are chances that extension from Employer A can be denied. If #2 is possible and employer B initiates process before Sept 30th, in case of  Employer A's extension denial,  am I allowed to stay in US.

Appreciate your help!!. Thanks in advance.

Skr

@pontevecchioThank you very much for your reply. I work in EVC model and Employer B is  vendor to this contract. I believe there may not be any contractual obligations. So just want to make sure about your reply. If there are no contractual obligations I can transfer to any employer with the same client X on LCA  before September 30th?  Thanks again.

Archived