Employment bassed I-485 Interview who Alredy submitted I-485 before October 2017

Mamun94

The Interview in the minority of EB Based people in the past has been a very straightforward one at the counter where they make sure your vital statistics are right and that you have an EVL in some cases. Just make sure to keep a lawyer onboard till you get the GC. I do not think that a tax dodger who does not believe in taxes will provide any money for this purpose and I suspect this is a downright silly move. Those whom the Gods want to destroy first make them mad. Most people will be OK.

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone whose date became current and he/she got his/her GC without any interview. If you are able to provide EVL (aka) Supplemental Form-J you should be good even without interview. If you cannot provide (either your current employer is unwilling to give you one or you are in between jobs or out of job) then you might get an interview. Again they cannot reject your GC as long as you have the intention to work for your original GC sponsoring employer since GC is for future employment. If your I-140 has been revoked or withdrawn then it will be better if you are employed at the time of interview. 

18 hours ago, submit2junk said:

I know someone whose date became current and he/she got his/her GC without any interview.

This new rule only starts in October. It is not a surprise that people who's cases are approved before October don't have to go to interviews.

Let me put it this way. I had an interview in NYC for my EB2 based NIW petition. The Officer asked a couple of things verifying my name age etc. One would think that the rest is history. Well, it is. They made me female in the GC and gave my wife a different date of birth. That took another 7 months to sort out. The moral is you need to verify stuff for your own sake at the Interview even if you have to confirm spelling of your name etc. The Interview is not a big deal if there is no credential issue involved.

Archived